Frequently Asked Questions
Cookies raise many questions. Here we try to give answers to the ones we get about CookieTractor and cookies in general.
- Why does the cookie question block the entire website?
- Instead of "Only Necessary", can we have "Settings" with more choices?
- Does CookieTractor support Cross Domain Consent?
- Does CookieTractor support Google Consent Mode v2?
- Can we see statistics on what consents have been collected?
- What percentage of visitors accept all cookies with CookieTractor?
- Is it possible to change the text?
- Can you add your own font and colors?
- Is it possible to embed a list with all cookies?
- Does CookieTractor comply with WCAG 2.2?
- Do you have to pay extra for subdomains?
- How often is the website scanned for cookies?
- Can CookieTractor search pages behind a login?
- Can CookieTractor be used in an internal test environment?
- What data about consent do you store?
- Where do you store data?
- Can data pass outside the EU?
Instead of "Only Necessary", can we have "Settings" with more choices?
Under the law, it must be as easy to limit your choices as it is to accept all. If the visitor needs to click Settings and then choose to restrict the consent, it is more challenging than accepting all. So, therefore we do not have this option.
Can we see statistics on what consents have been collected?
Yes. The settings tool contains statistics on the number of consents collected for each choice in absolute numbers and percentages, filtered by date range.
Is it possible to change the text?
Can you add your own font and colors?
Absolutely! We have developed CookieTractor to make it easy to adjust the appearance of the cookie issue. In the settings tool, you can enter the name of the font used on your website and the color of the main button "Accept all". If you want more customizations of the appearance of the cookie question, you can add your own CSS to your website, which replaces the default look.
Do you have to pay extra for subdomains?
Unlimited subdomains are included for free. Subdomains can also be scanned for cookies; both the main domain's and subdomain's cookies are then listed in the cookie modal. The visitor only needs to consent for one of the domains. It is then valid for both the main domain and the subdomains.
What data about consent do you store?
It is required by law to prove that consent has been given. CookieTractor saves an identifier for each consent collected on a website. We do not store or log IP numbers, meaning we can not trace consents to external personal data.
You can verify the consent given for a specific identifier on user request. Visitors who have given consent can find their identifier at the bottom of the consent modal.
Where do you store data?
We store the data about consent on Telia Cygate servers located in Sweden.
Can data pass outside the EU?
CookieTractor uses a Cloudflare CDN with servers worldwide to ensure fast loading times. This means data is always delivered from a server close to the visitor. However, for visitors from the EU, this means that in rare cases, data can be delivered from a server outside the EU. Domain name lookups of CookieTractor's CDN are done with Cloudflare in the US.
For organizations with requirements that data must never pass outside the EU, we have a CDN solution from Bunny.net that meets this requirement. With this solution, the client data is always delivered from a server within the EU. The additional cost of this service is 20% per year.
Do not hesitate to contact email@example.com!